How whales open their huge mouths
A sensory organ discovered in the jaw of the world's largest whales explains how the animals open their huge mouths so quickly, say scientists.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : whales, open, their, huge, mouths, http, www.bbc.co.uk, nature, 18174525, whales, open, their, huge, mouths,
Article Viewed 244 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Science group.
And brought to you by Channel BBC, BBC is the world wide famous news agency
The XMl Feed Type text/xml and collected data 110495 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is Apache and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
BBC: Science: How whales open their huge mouths
Date Listed : Friday, May 25, 2012
Source : BBC Science/Nature, BBC Science/Nature
- White whales in renewables reportBeluga whales are among rare species recorded at, or near to, proposed sites for marine renewables, according to a new report.
- How Japan can save face and whales Japan has given the world green cars and technological marvels. It wouldn't be a stretch for it to lead the 21st century protecting the world's oceans and whales.
- Death of Sea World trainer Do killer whales belong in theme parks where A Sea World trainer was killed in Orlando, Fla., Wednesday by a 'killer whale.' Animal rights groups say the tragedy shows why the giant orcas do not belong in theme ...
- Sperm whales corral deep squidA tagging study suggests sperm whales may collaborate to hunt squid at depths in excess of one kilometre beneath the waves.
- In bats and whales convergence in echolocation ability runs deep Only some bats and toothed whales rely on sophisticated echolocation, in which they emit sonar pulses and process returning echoes, to detect and track down small prey. Now, two new ...
- The Ontario Dental Association reminds parents Healthy mouths lead to healthy minds Press releases distributed via CNW Group. TORONTO, Sept. 2 /CNW/ - The Commission issued an Order which provides
that (1) pursuant to s. 127(8) of the Act, the Temporary Order ...
- Best of Baja Sea Kayaking Whales and National Parkslatest news releases from prweb.com for lifestyle health and fitness
- Oceans are too noisy for whalesNoise from ships and industry is causing serious disruption to the world's whales and dolphins, a report warns.
- Rare Polar Voyage to Worlds Largest Nature Preserve Sail Aboard a Polar class Icebreaker See Polar Bears Walrus Seals and Whaleslatest news releases from prweb.com for lifestyle hotel / resorts
- Whale Quest Kapalua Explores the Amazing World of Humpback Whales Feb 15 17 2008 latest news releases from prweb.com for lifestyle hotel / resorts Jazz isn't the only thing that gets Big Easy guests' heart pumping. The New Orleans Marriott is ...