Scientists find new sensory organ in whales
Biologists on Wednesday reported they had discovered a new sensory organ on blue, humpback, minke and fin whales that helps explain why these mammals are so huge.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : scientists, find, sensory, organ, whales, http, news.yahoo.com, scientists, sensory, organ, whales, 170346374.html, scientists, find, sensory, organ, whales,
Article Viewed 258 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Science group.
And brought to you by Channel Yahoo, TOP messanger, second search engine, its yahoo
The XMl Feed Type text/xml;charset=utf-8 and collected data 199399 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is YTS/1.20.20 and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
Yahoo: Science: Scientists find new sensory organ in whales
Date Listed : Friday, May 25, 2012
Source : Science News, Yahoo! News: Science News
- White whales in renewables reportBeluga whales are among rare species recorded at, or near to, proposed sites for marine renewables, according to a new report.
- Taking Earths pulse Scientists unveil a new economic and environmental indexA growing world population, mixed with the threat of climate change and mounting financial problems, has prompted researchers to measure the overall "health" of 152 countries around the world.
- Moons Scarred Crust Hints at Recent Activity Scientists Say
SPACE.com SPACE.com - The moon's crust was apparently active far more recently than previously believed, scientists say.
- Woodland Princess – Scientists discover Rhine valley woodland city (Basel, Switzerland) — March 29, 2010. A team of Dutch, German, and French archaeologists announced today in Paris they have nearly completed a three-year excavation of an ancient woodland city ...
- American team of scientists help protect Guatemalas Lake Atitlan RENO, Nev. — A team of scientists from the University of Nevada, Reno, DRI, Arizona State University and University of California, Davis has returned from a two-week expedition to...
- How Japan can save face and whales Japan has given the world green cars and technological marvels. It wouldn't be a stretch for it to lead the 21st century protecting the world's oceans and whales.
- American scientists help protect Guatemalas Lake Atitlan from harmful algae blooms A team of US scientists has returned from a two-week expedition to Guatemala's tropical high-mountain Lake Atitlan, where they are working to find solutions to the algae blooms that have ...
- Scientists discover heavenly solar musicMusical sounds created by longitudinal vibrations within the Sun's atmosphere, have been recorded and accurately studied for the first time by researchers, shedding light on the Sun's magnetic atmosphere.
- Caltech scientists uncover structure of key protein in common HIV subgroup PASADENA, Calif. -- Scientists from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have provided the first-ever glimpse of the structure of a key protein -- gp120 -- found on the surface ...
- Exclusive Scientists discover lost tree city near the Rhine Dutch, French, and German scientists announced a stunning discovery. An ancient Neolithic princess' grave has led them to excavate the remnants of a 10,000-year-old City in the Trees. ...