DNA robot targets cancer cells
Researchers show off a 'robot' made of DNA molecules that can target cancer cells and release a payload of antibodies upon finding them.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : robot, targets, cancer, cells, http, www.bbc.co.uk, news, news, science, environment, 17058066, http, www.bbc.co.uk, syndication, feeds, news, ukfs_news, tech, rss091.xml, news, science/nature, edition, robot, targets, cancer, cells,
Article Viewed 368 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
bbc news | science/nature | uk edition
updated every minute of every day
The Submitted XML Type text/xml and gathered so far 72298 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is Apache and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : DNA robot targets cancer cells
Date Listed : Monday, February 20, 2012
Source : ,
- DNA robot targets cancer cellsResearchers show off a "robot" made of DNA molecules that can target cancer cells and release a payload of antibodies upon finding them.
- Devil killer cancer genome mappedResearchers have sequenced the genome of the killer disease that is driving the remaining wild population of Tasmanian devils towards extinction.
- Tasmanian devil cancer genome decoded Researchers, including several from the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute near Cambridge, have sequenced the genome of a cancer that is threatening the existence of the Tasmanian devil. An...
- Jeffersons Kimmel Cancer Center Establishes Center to Eliminate. In an effort to reduce and eventually eliminate cancer disparities among adults in the Philadelphia region, the Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson has established the Center to Eliminate Cancer...(PRWeb February ...
- Telomere failure telomerase activation drive prostate cancer progression Genomic instability caused by an erosion of the protective caps on chromosomes, followed by activation of an enzyme that reinforces those caps, allows malignant cells to evade destruction and acquire ...
- Blocking telomerase kills cancer cells but provokes resistance progression Inhibiting telomerase, an enzyme that rescues malignant cells from destruction by extending the protective caps on the ends of chromosomes, kills tumor cells but also triggers resistance pathways that allow ...
- Traitorous immune cells promote sudden ovarian cancer progression In a new mouse model that mimics the tumor microenvironment of ovarian cancer, scientists have demonstrated that ovarian tumors don't necessarily break "free" of the immune system, rather dendritic cells ...
- Chicago Cancer Center Warned About Counterfeit Cancer DrugThe FDA is warning doctors across the country, including a facility in Chicago, about counterfeit vials of the cancer drug Avastin.
- Chicago Teen Using Laughs To Cope With CancerThey say laughter is the best medicine, and a Chicago father-son duo is really put that old adage to the test.
- Kids Into Safe Skin K.I.S.S Officially Launches Today with a Mission to Create Awareness About Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Founded by teenager Juan Pellerano, the organization targets an audience of teens and young adults in an effort to empower parents to self examine regularly to detect and identify the ...