About New York A Step Back for Learning Languages
Next week, New York State students will take Regents exams in foreign languages for the last time, to save $700,000 a year.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : about, york, step, back, learning, languages, http, feeds.nytimes.com, click.phdo, where, a8e39d025947ada6c3d9de6063590ed5, about, york, step, back, learning, languages,
Article Viewed 227 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Top News group.
And brought to you by Channel New York Times, Find breaking news, multimedia, reviews
The XMl Feed Type text/xml;charset=UTF-8 and collected data 148944 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is FeedsPortal and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
New York Times: Top News: About New York A Step Back for Learning Languages
Date Listed : Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Source : NYT > Home Page, New York Times > Breaking News, World News & Multimedia
- Digital tools to save languagesFacebook, YouTube and even texting will be the salvation of many of the world's endangered languages, scientists believe.
- New brain connections form in clusters during learning New connections between brain cells emerge in clusters in the brain as animals learn to perform a new task, according to a new study. The findings reveal details of how ...
- Should your child be learning the art of slow reading where As concerns grow that the Internet is making us intellectually shallow, some educators are rallying behind the slow-reading movement.
- Homeschool Buyers Co op Aids At Home Learning With Formal Homeschool Curriculum PackagesThis homeschool supercenter offers members pricing comparable to school districts at individual quantities (PRWeb Apr 1, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/homeschool/curriculum/prweb3824134.htm
- Recent research on memory learningWILLIAMSTOWN, Mass., March 5, 2010 -- Are we over estimating remembering and underestimating learning?
Current research by Nate Kornell, an assistant professor of psychology at Williams College,...
- Leading International Math Learning Center Opening in March in the Chicagoland Area with First Location in Skokie Ill.Mathnasium leverages proprietary methodology to boost PreK-12 academic success (PRWeb Mar 5, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/03/prweb3684844.htm
- New Zealand brings new learning technologies to Singaporesingapore news - news headlines from around the web, refreshed every 15 minutes EE Times Europe Feb 26 2010 8:47AM GMT
- In learning the brain forgets things on purpose Scientists have known that newly acquired, short-term memories are often fleeting. But a new study in flies suggests that kind of forgetfulness doesn't just happen. Rather, an active process of ...
- Scientists image brain at point when vocal learning begins Scientists have imaged living juvenile songbird brains at the moment the brains heard a tutor's mating song. Instead of staying plastic and dynamic after hearing the song, the bird's neurons ...
- Borough of Manhattan Community College Meets 20 percentage Increase in Applicants with New Degrees More Financial Aid and Expanded E LearningPresident Antonio Perez Delivers State of the College Address 2010 (PRWeb Feb 18, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/BMCC/President-Antonio-Perez/prweb3617194.htm