Is any work better than no work where Not for unemployment benefits.
Unemployed Americans who take parttime or temp work may find that their unemployment benefits get cut after that job ends. It's a disincentive to work, but Congress is moving to remedy that.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : work, better, than, work, where, unemployment, benefits., http, rss.csmonitor.com, feeds, 8vchumzc8ye, work, better, than, work, unemployment, benefits, http, www.csmonitor.com, csm.rss, christian, science, monitor, stories, work, better, than, work, where, unemployment, benefits.,
Article Viewed 979 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
christian science monitor | all stories
all of today's stories from the christian science monitor
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 161166 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Is any work better than no work where Not for unemployment benefits.
Date Listed : Monday, March 29, 2010
Source : ,
- Researchers develop better control for DNA based computationsA chemist has found a way to give DNA-based computing better control over logic operations. His work could lead to interfacing DNA-based computing with traditional silicon-based computing.
- How to plan better for New England floods Changing rainfall patterns have increased the number and severity of floods. Better forecasts and improved flood management have helped, but planners need to do more to reduce risks and boost ...
- On jobs vs. high unemployment Obama has political balancing act Latest figures show the US economy's strongest job creation performance in three years. That's good news for Obama, but amid high unemployment, he also needs to stress the plight of ...
- Maintaining regular daily routines is associated with better sleep quality in older adultsA study has found that the maintenance of daily routines was associated with a reduced rate of insomnia and improved quality of sleep in older adults living in a retirement community.
- Is any work better than no work where Not for unemployment benefits. Unemployed Americans who take parttime or temp work may find that their unemployment benefits get cut after that job ends. It's a disincentive to work, but Congress is moving to ...
- Unemployment rate 9.7 percent. Underemployment far higher.The unemployment rate doesn't count those who have stopped looking for work or part-time workers who want full-time employment. In February, underemployment stood at 16.8 percent.
- Total unemployment increased to nearly 17 percentThe US total unemployment, including all unemployed workers, even those who have stopped looking for work, increased to nearly 17 percent in February.
- House passes jobs bill no giant leap against unemployment Positive signs suggest that the jobs bill passed by the House Thursday could help curb unemployment, economists say. But it is not expected to be a major kick-start to job ...
- Snow didnt skew the unemployment rate. But the census will. The snowstorms in the East didn't skew the February jobs report. But the hiring of more than 500,000 census workers this spring will trim the unemployment rate and boost spending ...
- Others may know us better than we know ourselves study finds Since at least the days of Socrates, humans have been advised to "know thyself."
And through all the years, many, including many personality and social psychologists, have believed the individual...