Green Room Retail Focus Their Efforts On Stellar Window Design
Birmingham, United Kingdom (February 26, 2010) - Leading expert provider of retail solutions including retail design, point-of-purchase, shop-in-shop and flagship store design, have been championing the benefits of attractive window designs and have spread their talents to the likes of New Look and Harrods.
Green Room Retail has recently installed a window display for Nike at Harrods which contains a pulsing graphic equaliser and over 10,000 LEDs. Green Room Retail believes that retail displays like this stop customers in their tracks and aren't just an attractive sales pitch or gimmick. They believe that retail design such as window displays help to complement the best features of a store and are the best way to advertise products to customers.
Speaking about the New Look display in Marketing Week, Richard Ash details what qualities a window display should have to maximise its effect. He underlines that it has to create an impact, have an understanding of the customers it is targeting, be bright and use lighting effectively, use movement to catch the eye, make effective use of space and angle advertisements and mannequins appropriately.
'This was a big occasion for New Look and us, and the excitement around it has reminded me about what it is I absolutely love about store windows and the part they play in the retail mix,' said Richard Ash, founder and CEO of Green Room Retail. 'If a window's not coveting attention, then what is it doing? Every passerby is a missed opportunity. To not act and lure them into your store, to your brand, to your product, is to fail. On a busy thoroughfare like Oxford Street, even a tiny percentage of converted pedestrians equates to a lovely ringing sound at the tills.
'Good design rewards investment in spades, emotionally and financially. Customers are out there; you've just got to stop them in their tracks, so if your window is not thought provoking, on any level, it's not doing its job. To blend in is to be lost in the blur of passing by. And let's be honest; too many of the windows dominating our retail areas are bland, uninspiring and, frankly, mediocre. So I'm urging you to change this by loving windows too!'
To find out more about GRR's exceptional retail design solutions, visit http://www.greenroomretail.co.uk/ or telephone 0121 200 2828.
Opening its doors back in 2001, Green Room Retail (GRR) was born out of MD Richard Ash's love of retail. Having spent 15 years working with some of the most successful brands in the world, Richard's vision was simple - give client exceptional creativity and service at a fair price. The company continues to go from strength to strength, with leading brands from around the world trusting Green Room Retail to deliver them unexpected retail solutions. GRR recently extended their Birmingham offices and also, a short while ago, collaborated on BBC 2's leading retail deign programme 'Mary Queen of Shops' with Mary Portas.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Frank Slade from 202.164.57.xxx
Article Taged as : green, room, retail, focus, their, efforts, stellar, window, design, http, www.greenroomretail.co.uk, green, room, retail, focus, their, efforts, stellar, window, design,
Article Viewed 3345 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Green Room Retail Focus Their Efforts On Stellar Window Design
Date Listed : Sunday, February 28, 2010
Source : ,
- Xenite.Org Is Being Redesigned UPDATE: We have begun republishing some articles. Please feel free to browse our site for your favorite content. Dear friends. The old Xenite.Org has been retired. A new Xenite.Org is ...
- CDISC Broadens Efforts in Europe CDISC significantly expanded its presence in Europe in 2011 and anticipates this trend will continue. CDISC has long had a presence in Europe through its European CDISC Coordinating Committee (E3C)...(PRWeb ...
- New Efforts Seek To Protect Kids From Concussions In January 2011, the city of Chicago passed some of the most strict concussion legislation in the country, but it was just the beginning, as there are several efforts afoot ...
- Why design now where explores ways to solve problems with innovative design.Solving problems with sustainable – and beautiful – design is the focus of a new exhibition in New York.
- Toilet Retailer Runs Water Loving Funky Picture Promotion An online Toilet retailer builds a water lovers Online community by showing people's love of water. (PRWeb Jun 21, 2010)
Read the full ...
- New design for motorcycle engines powered by compressed air Two scientists in India have conceptually designed a new, cleaner motorcycle engine that uses compressed air to turn a small air turbine, generating enough power to run a motorcycle for ...
- YouTube redesign greeted by shouts groans YouTube got a fresh new look on Wednesday, based in part on viewer feedback. But judging by the comments posted to the YouTube company blog, viewers aren't particularly impressed.
- Design News Announces David Greenfield as Editorial Director Design News, the leading technical resource for OEM design engineers and engineering managers, announced today that David Greenfield will be taking over the reins of Editorial Director beginning April 12, ...
- HCG True Diet Redesigns Its Website to Differentiate Its Brand from Competitors HCG True Diet has redesigned its website to improve the site's navigation and aesthetic quality. The new design includes a dramatically different homepage and also focuses on differentiating the ...
- Relative quiet in Darfur a window for progress in Sudan and eastern ChadIn order for Sudan to avoid a backslide into war, outside humanitarian aid work needs to cede the floor to local-led projects.