Wasabi Publicity Inc., Executive Recognized for PR Excellence
New York, NY …#34; The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) recognized Christopher Zappia with a Gold Adrian Award for public relations excellence for his winning entry in the 53rd annual Adrian Awards Competition, the largest and most prestigious travel marketing competition globally.
HSMAI paid tribute to Christopher Zappia during the 20th annual HSMAI Adrian Awards Gala, a black-tie affair attended by more than 1,000 hospitality, travel and tourism marketing executives, on Feb. 1, 2010 at the New York Marriott Marquis.
Christopher Zappia is the Director of Corporate Publicity for Wasabi Publicity, Inc., a full-service PR firm that specializes in hotel publicity. As the Director of Marketing for the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California, Christopher Zappia reached out to Captain Richard Phillips of the Maersk Alabama after he spent five days held captive by Somali pirates. “When I saw Captain Richard Phillips on Today and he said that being held hostage on a life boat ‘wasn’t like being on the Queen Mary’; I knew I needed to reach out to him,” Zappia said. “After tracking him down, I was able to partner with Jet Blue to fly him to Long Beach and provide him with a five day Queen Mary experience. The media showed up and it was great publicity for my company.”
This year’s contest attracted nearly 1,100 entries from around the world, with entries judged by top executives from all sectors of the industry.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Drew Gerber from 111.118.131.xxx
Article Taged as : wasabi, publicity, inc.,, executive, recognized, excellence, http, www.wasabipublicity.com, wasabi, publicity, inc.,, executive, recognized, excellence,
Article Viewed 1772 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Wasabi Publicity Inc., Executive Recognized for PR Excellence
Date Listed : Friday, February 26, 2010
Source : ,
- NuSil Technology Receives Silver Boeing Performance Excellence Award NuSil Technology has earned recognition as a Boeing Performance Excellence Award recipient for 2009 for achieving superior supplier performance (PRWeb Apr 1, 2010)
- Protein linked to problems with executive thinking skills New research shows that a high level of C-reactive protein (CRP), a marker for inflammation in the blood, is associated with brain changes that are linked to problems with executive ...
- NIOSH and NHCA present 2010 Safe in Sound Excellence in Hearing Loss Prevention Awards The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), in partnership with the National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA), is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2010 Safe-in-Sound Excellence in ...
- Statement from the Womens Executive Network in Celebration of International
Womens Day Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- Substantial quantities of abscisic acid a phytohormone recognized by the
scientific community for its health benefits are found in maple water and
maple syrup Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- Advans Survey Reveals that 75 Percent of Executives Prefer Domestic Outsourcing vs. OffshoreAdvans Survey Examines IT Executive's Opinions on Outsourcing (PRWeb Feb 25, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/02/prweb3641034.htm
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Receives 2010 Automotive Executive of the Year Innovator Award The 2010 Automotive Executive of the Year Innovator Award will be presented to Elon Musk, Chairman, Product Architect and CEO for Tesla Motors. Musk will receive the award in the ...
- Kodak sues former executive seeks to block him from joining Hewlett PackardEastman Kodak Co. is suing a former executive, who had access to information about one of its key technologies, for going to work for a competitor.
- Fidelity Investments recognized by Lipper for delivering superior
risk adjusted returns Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, Feb. 19 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has reciprocated a Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA) decision and permanently banned ...
- American Statistical Association Accepting Nominations for 2010 Excellence in Statistical Reporting Award The American Statistical Association (ASA) is seeking nominations for its annual Excellence in Statistical Reporting Award (ESRA). Nominations for the 2010 award are due by March 15th. The winner will ...