No place to hide Missing primitive stars outside Milky Way uncovered
After years of successful concealment, the most primitive stars outside our Milky Way galaxy have finally been unmasked. New observations using ESO's Very Large Telescope have been used to solve an important astrophysical puzzle concerning the oldest stars in our galactic neighborhood -- which is crucial for our understanding of the earliest stars in the universe.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : place, hide, missing, primitive, stars, outside, milky, uncovered, http, feeds.sciencedaily.com, sciencedaily, 6kw3sa158io, 100217093251.htm, http, www.sciencedaily.com, newsfeed.xml, sciencedaily, magazine, place, hide, missing, primitive, stars, outside, milky, uncovered,
Article Viewed 697 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
your link to the latest research news. daily headlines about discoveries in the physical and life sciences, health and medicine, the environment, and technology, from the world's leading universities and research centers.
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 334956 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : No place to hide Missing primitive stars outside Milky Way uncovered
Date Listed : Friday, February 19, 2010
Source : ,
- Meet plants and algaes common ancestor Primitive organisms not always so simple researcher saysA biologist has created a sketch of what the first common ancestor of plants and algae may have looked like.
- Lymphatic system Regulator of lymph vessel growth uncovered In addition to our network of blood vessels, humans have a network of vessels known as lymphatic vessels. These vessels have a role in many processes in the body, including ...
- Beyond Haiti relief UN looks at building outside Port au PrinceWhen donor countries meet at the UN in New York this week to discuss Haiti relief, a top topic will be decentralization away from congested Port-au-Prince.
- No place to hide Missing primitive stars outside Milky Way uncovered After years of successful concealment, the most primitive stars outside our Milky Way galaxy have finally been unmasked. New observations using ESO's Very Large Telescope have been used to solve ...
- Missing Early Stars Found With No Place Left to Hide Astronomer sleuths have solved a cosmic mystery by finding primitive stars that have been stealthily concealed. Using ESO's Very Large Telescope a group of astronomers have uncovered an important ...
- Children missing out on sleepChildren questioned for the BBC's Newsround programme admit video games and mobile phones are keeping them up at night.
- Lebanon crash Missing black box memory found Lebanese navy divers on Tuesday retrieved the memory of the cockpit voice recorder of an Ethiopian plane which crashed off the coast last month killing 90 people on board, the ...
- Genes behind stammering uncoveredStammering has long been recognised to run in families, but scientists now say they have identified three genes which may cause the problem in some people.
- Thousands of dinosaur footprints uncovered in China
AFP AFP - Archaeologists in China have uncovered more than 3,000 dinosaur footprints, state media reported, in an area said to be the world's largest grouping of fossilised bones belonging to ...
- Missing girl found safe and wellA 14-year-old girl who went missing in Aberdeen has been found safe and well, Grampian Police confirm.