David Frasher urbanized economy of Oregon
Grants Pass, Oregon is a full service city with 231 authorized full-time employees and an annual budget of nearly $100 million. As the City Manager of Grants Pass, David Frasher advanced an award winning business retention/expansion program and used state enterprise zone tax credits to develop the local economy. He increased commercial and industrial tax base by millions of dollars through the use of state authorized redevelopment agencies and tax increment financing for major infrastructure improvements. These strategies attracted significant commercial investment, increased job creation, and reduced risk for investors in this community.
David Frasher also dramatically improved relationships with employee labor groups. He avoided costly arbitration while successfully negotiating new contracts with significant savings for the municipality and led community efforts to employ boulevard concepts and business-friendly roadway design in cooperation with Oregon Department of Transportation on estimated $35 million project. He worked cooperatively with employee groups to revise costly overtime, post-retirement, and early retirement benefit programs.
About David Frasher
David Frasher grew up in western Missouri. His father was an engineer and his mother a successful small business owner. David earned a Bachelors degree in Administration of Justice, graduating cum laude, from MacMurray College in Jacksonville, Illinois in 1981. Thereafter, he began his career as a police officer with the Independence Missouri Police Department. David Frasher’s commendable work resulted in his promotion to Major Case Investigator with Kansas City’s 'Metro Squad'. In 1990, David Frasher left his position with the police department to attend law school at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. After law school, David Frasher clerked at the Alaska Court of Appeals and then opened his own law practice. In 1999, he was appointed City Administrator of Oak Grove, Missouri. He also served as the City Administrator of Ashland Wisconsin. In 2005, he was appointed City Manager of Grants Pass, Oregon where he served until August 2009. David Frasher remains involved in community service and aims to make the world a better place through service, leadership, and education.
To know more about David Frasher please browse through /r/url.asp?r=http://www.davidfrasher.info
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Kevin Williams from 202.164.60.xxx
Article Taged as : david, frasher, urbanized, economy, oregon, david, frasher, urbanized, economy, oregon,
Article Viewed 2658 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under group.
And brought to you by Channel ,
The XMl Feed Type and collected data bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is and Code Page (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : David Frasher urbanized economy of Oregon
Date Listed : Sunday, February 14, 2010
Source : ,
- With jobs being added is US economy ready to stand on its own where The US economy has been propped up in part by government stimulus spending, but some of those artificial supports are slated to fall away later this year. The big question ...
- Jobs growth in March seen throughout the economy One month doesn't make a trend, but recent gains in job growth were broad-based across the economy. GDP forecasts have edged up, too. This bodes well for a jobs recovery ...
- Could Americans saving more and spending less rescue the US economy where The conventional wisdom is that the US economy won't recover until consumers start spending freely again. But some economists say Americans saving their money may be more advantageous.
- Finally US economy adds 162 000 jobsNot counting hiring of temporary workers for companies and the census, private-sector hiring rose a solid 80,000 in March.
- How to invest in the government based economyAs the government takes over more of the economy with healthcare reform, where's an investor to turn? Gold.
- Limits in predicting economys response to major policy changesThe analysis of academic economists will only go so far in predicting how the economy will respond to major policy changes.
- New health care bill facts How will it affect the economy where Among the new health care bill facts: The legislation will bring tax hikes, mainly on the highest-income Americans.
- British election is a race again as economy boosts Gordon Brown Gordon Brown's government cut deficit forecasts today, which could give him a boost. While he was trailing badly, recent polls show a public nearly equally divided between Labour and Tory ...
- Can Afghanistan economy thrive without poppy where The Afghanistan economy must shift reliance off its poppy crop toward agriculture and mining. The government began a massive poppy eradication campaign this week.
- Dr. Catherine Ross to Participate Today in White House Clean Energy Economy Forum Dr. Catherine L. Ross, editor of Megaregions: Planning for Global Competitiveness and director of the Center for Quality Growth and Regional Development at Georgia Institute of Technology, is participating today ...