Preventing Spinal Cord Damage Using A Vitamin B3 Precursor
Substances naturally produced by the human body may one day help prevent paralysis following a spinal cord injury, according to researchers.
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
/ realated stories]
Article Taged as : preventing, spinal, cord, damage, using, vitamin, precursor, http, feeds.sciencedaily.com, sciencedaily, ft666myhhf8, 091105121052.htm, http, www.sciencedaily.com, newsfeed.xml, sciencedaily, magazine, preventing, spinal, cord, damage, using, vitamin, precursor,
Article Viewed 312 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
your link to the latest research news. daily headlines about discoveries in the physical and life sciences, health and medicine, the environment, and technology, from the world's leading universities and research centers.
The Submitted XML Type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 and gathered so far 334956 bytes of news and keep on growing.
Submit Server name is GSE and Code Page 65001 (Not Defined/Un Known)
: : Preventing Spinal Cord Damage Using A Vitamin B3 Precursor
Date Listed : Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Source : ,
- Melting ice on Danube damages boats restaurants
AP AP - Giant chunks of melting ice broke free on the Danube River on Monday, crashing hundreds of boats into each other, sweeping away several barges and sinking one of ...
- Next decade offers promise for treatment of spinal cord injuries Although new developments in the management of spinal cord injuries (SCI) are on the horizon, any eventual cure for the condition is more likely to involve a multidisciplinary approach, drawing ...
- Storm damage 2010 States ring up the costFederal help for winter storm damage is on the way to 35 areas in the US. Recovery hits state and local budgets hard.
- Preventing road deaths New research focuses on worldwide problemA recent WHO report on inadequate road safety opened with some stark figures: 1.2 million deaths and up to 50 million nonfatal injuries occur every year on the world's roads.
- Why BPA leached from safe plastics may damage health of female offspring Here's more evidence that "safe" plastics are not as safe as once presumed: New research suggests that exposure to bisphenol A during pregnancy leads to epigenetic changes that may cause ...
- Singing rewires damaged brainTeaching stroke sufferers to sing "rewires" their brains and help them recover their speech, researchers say.
- Vitamin B3 shows early promise in treatment of stroke An early study suggests that vitamin B3 or niacin, a common water-soluble vitamin, may help improve neurological function after stroke. When rats with ischemic stroke were given niacin, their brains ...
- De la cueillette à lassiette vitamines et minéraux senvolent Tomates, courgettes, poireaux, navets... les légumes sont récoltés puis conservés, découpés et enfin cuisinés avant d'atterrir dans nos assiettes. Or ces étapes sont souvent fatales aux vitamines et aux minéraux ...
- Lincoln Hoist Manufacturer Wins dollor 1.2 Million Damages Award in Suit Against Lug All CorporationMassachusetts Company Expects Job Creation as a Result (PRWeb Feb 17, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/02/prweb3614264.htm
- Disaster management teams assess storm damageDisaster management teams across KwaZulu-Natal were on Wednesday assessing the damaged caused by the storm, the department of cooperative governance and traditional affairs said.