Some companies pay more to CEOs than to Uncle Sam study
(Reuters) - Citigroup, Abbott Laboratories, and AT&T are among the 26 companies that paid more to their CEOs in 2011 than they did in federal taxes, according to a study released on Thursday. Tax breaks on research and development, past losses, and foreign-held earnings were among those lightening the tax load for many companies on the list, said the Institute for Policy Studies, a left-leaning think tank in Washington, D.C. Citi, Abbott and AT&T all took issue with the institute's methodology. All three said they paid all taxes owed in 2011. ...
User comments, Ratings and Reviews
[Bookmark & read later
/ Comment this story ]
Article Taged as : some, companies, more, ceos, than, uncle, study, http, news.yahoo.com, companies, more, ceos, uncle, study, 040352601, finance.html, some, companies, more, ceos, than, uncle, study,
Article Viewed 701 times.
Positive attitude 1 votes [0%]
Negetive attitude 1 votes [0%]
News Article Source & Groups
You can find this article under Politics group.
And brought to you by Channel Yahoo, TOP messanger, second search engine, its yahoo
The XMl Feed Type text/xml;charset=utf-8 and collected data 350790 bytes sized news and still counting.
Feed Server name is YTS/1.20.20 and Code Page 65001 (UTF-8 Unicode)
Yahoo: Politics: Some companies pay more to CEOs than to Uncle Sam study
Date Listed : Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Source : Politics, Yahoo! News: Politics News
- Enovate Honored as One of the 2010 Michigan 50 Companies to WatchEnovate has been recognized as one of the 2010 “Michigan 50 Companies to Watch,” (PRWeb Mar 31, 2010)
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/03/prweb3809834.htm
- ESOP Employee ownership of companies on the riseThe ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Plan – is, slowly, on the rise. These worker-owned businesses are more productive and could benefit the American economy.
- DuPont Named Among Top 50 Companies for Women Leaders DuPont has been selected as one of the top 50 companies for executive women by the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) magazine for the third consecutive year. DuPont ...
- US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companiesThe US healthcare reform law creates much more paperwork for insurance firms – and plenty of new business for Indian outsourcing companies.
- Even more great seed companies that gardeners should knowThe final installment in our series on small but notable seed companies gardeners should know about.
- Waterloo Region Companies Applaud Budget Changes That Clear a Path for
Increased Foreign Venture Capital Investment Press releases distributed via CNW Group. CALGARY, March 5 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has concluded settlements with Calgary-based The Hear Now Inc. and its one-time director Gerard ...
- Newt Gingrich slams House for attack on insurance companies Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich blasted the House of Representatives what he called an 'attack on insurance companies.' On Wednesday, in a bipartisan vote, the House stripped health insurance companies ...
- DuPont Named Among Worlds Most Innovative Companies by MIT Technology Review he Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Technology Review magazine has named DuPont to the 2010 TR50, the inaugural list of the 50 most innovative companies in the world. DuPont ...
- Law Firm Ryley Carlock Announces New Single Source eDiscovery Solution to Reduce Litigation Costs for Companies One price, one bill, offers litigation and general counsel predictability and transparency in discovery pricing. Firm taps vast network of solutions providers doesn't limit client options. (PRWeb Feb 25, ...
- 19 of the UKs Standout Clean Tech Companies Open Up to U.S. Partners and Investors Clean and Cool Mission Participating in San Francisco Cleantech Forum Nineteen of the UK's most successful and promising clean technology businesses are in San Francisco and Silicon Valley this week, showcasing their technologies and meeting with investors, potential partners and ...